Monday, August 11, 2008

Leslie's "Coming Out Party" . . . . as an idiot

Over the weekend Axel and I tried to watch the Olympics, but no dice. First of all, we don't have cable . . . why you ask? (dramatic eye roll) because we prefer to READ . . . duh! And by 'read', I mean watch Mexican television since those are the only channels we get . . . . (we don't even know how to read, silly!) No, but seriously, the reason is we are cheap and haven't bitten the proverbial televisual bullet and gotten it installed. I promised Axel that it wouldn't be a problem because we could just watch the Olympics online . . . . but that proved to be a problem as well since we have a Mac and were unable to install whatever was necessary to watch it online. So brilliant Leslie goes, "Let's watch whatever is posted on Youtube! I'm sure the opening ceremony is on Youtube". I do a search for 2008 Olympics Beijing on Youtube and Axel and I watch . . . and it actually made me cry. Those guys were AMAZING. I seriously don't know why I cried, but I was moved Goddammit!
I come into the office today and Yedi asks me if I saw the opening ceremonies and I told him "I was moved to tears Yedi, those gold guys, while a bit homoerotic, were nonetheless INCREDIBLE!!" and Yedi goes "What gold guys?" I say "THE GOLD GUYS! The opening ceremony!! COME ON! They were THE BEST!!" Yedi goes "Were you watching the Special Olympics?" so I send him this:


Welllllllllll . . . . that pretty much got me laughed out of the office, as that was NOT the opening ceremony for the 2008 Olympics after all. Why am I so S-L-O-W!?

Sidenote: We've been catching up on some of the games here at work and the commentators keep saying "This is China's coming out party" . . . . who knew China was gay? HEYO!!

No comments: